Flaxseed is a popular product among nutritionists and supporters of natural medicine. Among the properties of flaxseed can be identified, for example, improving metabolism or protecting the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines. Many experts in the field of healthy nutrition recommend drinking flaxseed and a flaxseed diet to cleanse the intestines and speed up the weight loss process. What is the flaxseed diet for weight loss and what are the best recipes for this menu?
Flaxseed Diet – What is a flaxseed-based diet?
The flaxseed diet is not just about eating flaxseed. According to nutritionists, a healthy diet for weight loss should be based on a balanced diet consisting of whole proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Flaxseed for weight loss is a good addition to your diet because it is a source of many important vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Flaxseed consumption increases the metabolic rate and shows a number of other benefits for the body, but it should be remembered that flaxseed consumed in too large quantities can cause bloating, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
Among the useful properties of flaxseed, we distinguish:
- Support Sugar Regulation: The fiber and other ingredients in flaxseed can help maintain stable blood sugar levels, which is important for people with diabetes or at risk of diabetes.
- Flaxseed for Weight Loss: Due to its high fiber content, flaxseed can promote a feeling of fullness, which can help control body weight.
- Supporting Heart Health: The beneficial effects on the heart are mainly due to the presence of omega-3 fatty acids, which can lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Anti-inflammatory effect: The ingredients found in flaxseed, especially alpha-linolenic acid, have anti-inflammatory properties, which may be beneficial for people with inflammatory diseases.
Useful properties of flaxseed are associated with a rich composition of the product. Flax seeds contain, among other things:
- Rich in Fiber: Flaxseeds are an excellent source of fiber, especially soluble fiber. This fiber is good for the digestive system, improves intestinal motility, prevents constipation, and supports overall intestinal health.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Flaxseed is one of the best plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids, particularly alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Omega-3s are important for heart and nervous system health and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Flaxseed provides important nutrients such as vitamin E, B vitamins, magnesium, manganese, and zinc.
- Antioxidants: Flaxseed contains natural antioxidants such as lignans. These substances can help protect cells from free radical damage.
Flaxseed for weight loss-how does the flaxseed diet work?
Flaxseeds are rich in fiber, especially soluble fiber. This fiber absorbs water, forming a gel that increases the volume of food ingested. This, in turn, can increase feelings of fullness, which can help control your appetite and calorie intake.
The fiber present in flaxseed can help stabilize blood sugar levels by delaying the absorption of glucose. This can help you avoid sudden spikes in sugar, which sometimes lead to increased hunger.
Flaxseed has a low glycemic index, which means that it causes a smaller increase in blood glucose levels when taken orally. This can potentially help maintain stable energy and prevent sudden feelings of hunger.
Flaxseed is one of the best plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids, especially alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). These acids are important for heart health and can affect metabolic processes.
Flaxseed diet for weight loss-The best recipes
Recipes for a flaxseed diet for weight loss should be correctly matched to the rest of the products on the menu. We can combine flaxseed with various healthy products to create interesting and delicious dishes.
Flax cocktail for breakfast:
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed;
- 1 banana;
- a glass of buttermilk or vegetable milk, such as almond milk;
- a handful of berries;
- a few ice cubes.
Place all the glasses in a blender and whisk until smooth. To taste, you can add a little honey or maple syrup.
Flaxseed for afternoon tea
Kissel with flaxseed:
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed pour 200 ml of boiling water;
- allow to cool;
- add 200 mg of fruits such as blueberries, raspberries;
- jelly can be sweetened with honey or xylitol.
Porridge with flax seeds:
- we prepare a classic porridge on water, milk or oatmeal with natural yogurt;
- add a teaspoon or two of flax seeds;
- we add other additives, such as fruit;
- to taste, you can add honey, jam or xylitol.
Flaxseed porridge with yogurt and black berries:
- black berries (150 g);
- natural yogurt;
- a spoonful of flaxseed porridge.
Flaxseed diet-Sample menu for the whole day
- slice of whole grain rye bread with cottage cheese and tomatoes;
- a glass of green tea.
- chicken breast, sliced, fried in egg and flaxseed oil;
- boiled potatoes;
- misery of 1 cucumber plus 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt.
- mix chopped avocado, tomato and half a bell pepper with 1 cup of boiled flaxseed, 3 handfuls of rapunzel, 3 tablespoons of green onions, a tablespoon of olive oil. To do this, a spoonful of ground seed.
Best Weight Loss Pills to Support a Flaxseed Diet
The flaxseed diet is a way of eating that recommends using flaxseeds as a supplement to a balanced menu. Another supplement that helps reduce fat is the best pills for weight losscontaining natural extracts that help you feel full and speed up your metabolism. It is important to remember that both flaxseed and flaxseed oil should be used only as an element of the diet, and not as its main component.