Yerba mate is a traditional Paraguayan tea that is consumed in Latin America in the same way as the popular hot drinks in Poland, i.e. coffee and tea. Yerba mate is known for its high caffeine content, which makes it the perfect drink for getting excited. Many people ask themselves if yerba mate is losing weight, because many experts recommend this tea as a product that should be introduced into a restorative diet. What is yerba mate and what are the opinions of people who have used this drink for weight loss?
What does yerba mate mean?
Yerba mate is the dried leaves and twigs of the Paraguayan holly (Ilex paraguariensis), a plant native to South America. Yerba mate infusion is a traditional drink consumed mainly in countries such as Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Southern Brazil.
Yerba mate was originally a wild tree, but it was quickly "commercialized" and became widely grown on plantations in areas of pristine subtropical forest without the use of chemicals. And while yerba mate is still the most popular drink in the countries mentioned above, in Europe the drink has become popular due to its health benefits and especially because it can promote fat burning. Is this really the case? Let's see what is the effect of yerba mate for weight loss and whether it is worth using this tea regularly.
Yerba mate Properties
Among the properties of yerba mate, it is worth highlighting:
- Stimulating and Improving Concentration: Yerba mate contains caffeine, theobromine and theophylline, which are natural stimulants. These compounds can help increase energy, improve focus, and reduce feelings of fatigue.
- Rich in Nutrients: Yerba mate is a source of many nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin B, iron, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. It also contains antioxidants that help fight free radicals in the body.
- Promotes Digestion: Yerba mate can support the digestive system by stimulating the production of gastric juice, which can improve digestion and nutrient absorption. Thanks to the caffeine content, it regulates the metabolism;
- Glucose Regulation: Studies show that Yerba consumption has a positive effect on the body's sugar balance, not least because it increases the body's sensitivity to the effects of insulin, which may be beneficial for people with diabetes or at risk of diabetes.
- Helping with the weight loss process: yerba mate has weight loss properties because it reduces appetite and can help you burn calories; yerba mate's weight loss properties are also related to the fact that it increases the feeling of fullness;
- Detoxification Properties: The antioxidant compounds present in yerba mate help fight free radicals, which can protect cells from damage and support overall health. Promotes liver function and detoxification of the body;
- Supporting the Lipid Economy: yerba mate inhibits the conversion of stem cells into fat, which can lead to lower levels of so-called bad LDL cholesterol;
- Improve Cardiovascular Function: Research shows that yerba mate can help lower blood pressure and improve the elasticity of blood vessels.
Yerba mate losing weight?
Many reports suggest that yes, yerba mate helps you lose weight. The effect that supports the reduction of body fat in yerba mate is due to the product's ability to suppress appetite and increase the feeling of satiety, which contributes to the consumption of fewer calories.
Yerba mate supports the weight loss process also thanks to its positive effects on the metabolism and digestive system. By drinking yerba, you can improve the absorption of vitamins and minerals from food and regulate blood glucose levels, which can also affect faster fat loss.
It is worth remembering that yerba mate contains a significant dose of caffeine and other stimulating substances, such as theobromine and theophylline. which are natural stimulants. These substances can increase energy levels, which contributes to greater motivation for physical activity and, as a result, faster calorie burning.
However, it is worth remembering that yerba mate itself is not a miracle tool for weight loss. The effects of weight loss depend on many factors, such as diet, physical activity, genetics, and overall lifestyle. Yerba mate consumption should be considered as part of a healthy diet and active lifestyle.
Yerba mate for weight loss – what to combine to improve the effect?
Wanting to get the best effects of yerba mate tea for weight loss, it can be combined with herbal supplements such as:
- mint: this herb stimulates the secretion of gastric juice and has a positive effect on the digestive process; additionally improves bowel function and reduces stomach upset; acts diastolic;
- chamomile: relaxes the smooth muscles of the digestive tract and therefore can reduce bloating and reduce the feeling of heaviness after eating;
- fennel: supports the digestive system, reduces appetite, and at the same time promotes the removal of excess water from the body and metabolism;
- purges: a rich source of polyphenols with weight loss properties. Supports the digestive system and cleanses the body.
Yerba mate with chamomile
A fairly common mixture for weight loss is Mate Yerba in combination with chamomile. This composition has a fairly strong cleansing effect, as it accelerates the elimination of toxins from the body, and such an action may portend better fat burning effects. It is worth knowing that excess visceral fat is quite common when the body is loaded with excess toxins.
Yerba mate with lemongrass
The combination of yerba mate with lemongrass is a cleansing composition perfect for those who are tired of the intense taste of Yerba. Lemongrass affects the refreshing taste of the drink and at the same time has a cleansing and detoxifying effect. This option will also help to keep toxins out of your body, influencing the best weight loss effects. Remember that excessive accumulation of toxins can also lead to a restriction in the amount of nutrients absorbed, which has a big impact on the overall health of the body.
Yerba mate with rosehip extract
Yerba mate with rosehip is considered the best option for people who want to get rid of excess visceral fat, that is, from the abdominal area. Research shows that rosehip has properties that can help get rid of a tire. Thylyroside, which is a part of rosehip, is responsible for this action, which stimulates fat burning in the body, while optimizing the use of glucose by the body. Thus, the body does not feel the need to accumulate fat deposits.
Yerba mate with fennel
Fennel is one of the most popular herbs with weight loss properties. Combining fennel with yerba mate is the perfect way to support your weight loss diet. Fennel has a metabolism-boosting effect and helps reduce excess water in the body, and can also affect appetite reduction.
How to drink yerba for weight loss?
The best mate Yerba is brewed in a special vessel called matero, which is made from pumpkin, wood or ceramics, and therefore it is best to drink. Dried leaves of Paraguayan holly are poured into approx. 1/2 volume of the capillary (for beginners, 1/3 volume is enough). Then you need to tilt the vessel so that the drought is on one side of it. In the place where the least dried, put the bombilla. Yerba is filled with water at a temperature of 70-80 degrees Celsius. We water a little, waiting for the drought to absorb water. Then you can pour the remaining water into a full vessel. One serving of dried fish can be poured several times until it loses its taste and aroma.
Yerba mate for weight loss-discussions
Reviews about the use of yerba mate for weight loss are mostly positive. People who recommend drinking Yerba believe that it works for fat burning in several ways:
- due to its choleretic properties, it affects digestion and improves metabolism;
- the caffeine content allows yerba to affect the breakdown of fat in the body, which also contributes to weight loss;
- yerba mate contains chlorogenic acid, which demonstrates the ability to limit polypeptide secretion by increasing insulin secretion. Thus, chlorogenic acid can reduce the absorption of glucose in the intestine;
- another way that Yerba affects weight loss is by increasing the feeling of fullness; this action is aimed at influencing the secretion of leptin, that is, the so-called satiety hormone. Thus, drinking yerba can slightly deceive the brain, which will be convinced that we are full even after a modest meal.;
- The polyphenol content of Yerba mate affects the ability to store lipids in fat cells, which means it can reduce excess visceral fat.;
- systematic use of yerba mate, according to people who use this product in a diet for weight loss, reduces the risk of yo-yo effect.
Mate Yerba in capsules? Effective Weight Loss Pills
Yerba mate is also marketed as a dietary supplement in capsules for weight loss. In this form, it is often combined with fennel extract, rosehip extract and other substances that contribute to weight loss yerba mate. And while there are many assumptions that support the effect of yerba on weight loss, you should keep in mind that both in the form of a drink and in the form of a drink. weight loss pillsYerba should only be used as a supplement to a balanced restorative diet.